cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data source FNMS in the Data Platform

How can it be ensured that only a certain number of assets (5000) or from a certain system type (only Windows 10 clients or Windows Server 2016) are imported or recorded in the Flexera Data Platform from the FNMS data source?

Is there an example or a guideline in which step of the installation/configuration an adjustment has to be made?

Many thanks in advance.

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The only way I can think of to do this would be to update the SQL queries in the extractor config file to only bring in details for computers that are wanted. You would need to be reasonably familiar with the FNMS database schema in order to write queries to apply the filters you want.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@Thomas7 

Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you need examples of how you could limit the extractor configuration as we have done this many times for PoC purposes.

Thanks,