cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Platform's User Console is built upon Pentaho’s Business Intelligence platform. It has a built-in capability to schedule reports generation along with the option to email them to users within the organization.

We have just posted the detail instructions on how to use the scheduler in the following documentation: Data Platform 5.5.x Report Scheduler in User Console.

This document can be found in Product Documentation section of Data Platform. 

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!

(6) Comments
johnmanderson
By
Level 2

@Resnofendri 

This is great, but the Service Account name is exposed on every report as the Report Creator, and this makes my infosec friends twitch.

There's nothing in the documentation about how to override that so it shows as something like "Flexera Platform." How can I do that?

Resnofendri
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi @johnmanderson,

Thank you for your feedback!

Our engineer provided a workaround to hide Report Creator in the email by following these steps:

1. Open %NORMALIZE_BI_HOME%\Solution\system\analyzer\analyzer.properties
  2. set renderer.metadata.hide.aboutThisReport.creator=true

report_creator.png

3. restart User Console Service

Let me know how that works!

Thanks,

- Resno

ajwaterston
By
Level 4

Hi, @Resnofendri ,

When I log into our BDNA User Console, I cannot see the Schedules and Administration menu options in my Home drop down.  Do I need to enable these options somewhere please?
thanks heaps

Andi

DSood1
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi Andi

Please follow the steps in this document

https://docs.flexera.com/dataplatform55/pdf/DataPlatform_ReportScheduler.pdf?_gl=1*14okvmx*_gcl_au*MTIyODQ5Njg1NC4xNjg2MDMxNDQw

you have to login to the UC server and access the Pentaho home at 
https://localhost/bdna/Home

Thanks
Deepa

ajwaterston
By
Level 4

Hi... me again...sorry, do you know where the scheduled reports get saved to on the UC server i.e. the disk location of the /home/username folder?

JdeGuzman
By Level 3 Flexeran
Level 3 Flexeran

Hi @ajwaterston,

The scheduled reports are saved to whichever file path the user selects.

I believe you should also be able to see the reports that you have created in the 'UserReports' folder? This can be found in a similar file path to C:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\Database\Reporting. This can sometimes differ, depending on where you have User Console installed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions at all, and we'll certainly try our best to help.

Many thanks,
Andrew