cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary

Data Platform Discover (formerly BDNA Discover) has been offered as a solution to detect inventory items since 2006. It performs agentless discovery to help identify an assortment of software and hardware.

With Flexera’s acquisition of BDNA in 2017, the strategic direction has been to unify various discovery capabilities across Flexera. Therefore, the effort to add new features and enhancements has slowed down in favor of shifting customers to other Flexera’s discovery solutions.

This announcement marks the end of Standard Support for Data Platform Discover; and it is now entering the Extended Support phase.

EOL Timeline

End of Standard Support End of Extended Support
October 31, 2020 December 31, 2021

Extended Support Scope

Customers can no longer log any new feature or enhancement requests after the end of Standard Support date. Bug fixes are limited to high-severity issues which will be provided in the form of hotfixes/patches. The final version of the product will be 7.7.3. Upon reaching the end of Extended Support date, any and all support will cease, and the product is considered obsolete.

Alternative Products

Customers who are currently using Data Platform Discover and don’t have any other discovery solutions are offered the opportunity to use Flexera’s FlexNet Inventory Agent as a replacement. Upon request, it will be provided for free for the duration of Extended Support phase, after which the customers have an option to renew under regular terms and conditions

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need further assistance.

(3) Comments
gavin_mouat
By
Level 4

Will BDNA Discover be rebranded and released again?  I have 5-6 customers who would like to SNMP discovery through the beacon server.

Resnofendri
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi @gavin_mouat,

Thank you for your question/comment. There is no immediate plan to rebrand and/or repackage BDNA Discover, owing to our record that shows practically no customer is still actively using it.

I'm glad that you brought up certain capabilities (i.e. SNMP discovery) that some of your customers might be interested in. As our discovery capabilities within Flexera is being consolidated under FlexNet Inventory Agent, I would reach out to our product manager who owns this piece and see if there is a plan to incorporate SNMP discovery in our Agent.

I will update back to this thread with any update from the product manager.

Thanks!

Resno

vijay_menon
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi @gavin_mouat , Resno has discussed this requirement with me. We do plan to incorporate SNMP discovery into the Beacon capabilities and it is on our roadmap. Would you able to find out the specific use cases  your customers want to use it for? Also, if possible could raise an idea with this requirement so it helps us gauge demand with other customers too.

Thanks!

Vijay