cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher License Keys

Hello All!  This is a shot in the dark but I'm asking.....Is there a way within FNMS to obtain License Key information for specific publisher?  Reason I'm asking is that we are trying to avoid allowing them to unleash the dreaded "script" to find this information.  I'm desperate here!

Thanks

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
The answer to this is likely "no", or at least "not easily". However it will depend on the particular publisher and software in question: how publishers choose to store license key information, and whether they store it in a form that is discoverable by you, varies widely. Places that software may store keys can range of the registry, files on the filesystem in arbitrary forms, databases, or other places. Keys may be encrypted or otherwise obfuscated.

If the data is discoverable for the particular software you are interested in, gathering it will involve some sort of script or process being developed to look for the specific data on computers and then do something with it.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)