cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toroslu
Level 2

Cancelling/removing reserve option from the ansyslm.opt file

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have an option file (ansyslmd.opt) including reservation "RESERVE 1 ansys GROUP abc"). I would like to cancel/remove this reservation. How can i remove this option? I tried several things (rereading the license file without having ansyslmd.opt file using the "lmutil lmreread" command, using "EXCLUDE ansys GROUP abc" option in ansyslmd.opt, stopping and starting the license server, etc.). For each case i have got "1 RESERVATION for GROUP abc" line in log file obtained by "lmutil lmstat -a -c License File >> Log File".

Best regards

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@toroslu , may i ask if this options file was shared by "Ansys" and you are trying to modify it? If so, have you consulted with the Ansys support team? If not, i would strongly recommend reaching to them.

As far as removing the reservation statement is concerned, simply remove this statement and perform a restart on license server (starting FNP-11.16.2 - a server reread will also work).

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

Hi,

Reinstalling the ANSYS License Manager solved the problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos