Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rescans in 6X

Rescans in 6X

Question:

How does Rescan Work in 6X

Answer:

Will the rescan detect a new license if it was added to previously existing file?
Yes, a rescan will detect changes to existing files. License additions will normally take place as part of an electronic update rather than a rescan and the details contained in an update are applied to all previously scanned projects. New changes will be highlighted in the dashboard page of the UI.

Will the rescan scan new files and check licenses in them? Presuming that File tree structure stays the same (no new folders / levels)
Yes, new files will always be scanned. The system will use the MD5 hash codes of previously scanned files to check if a file has previously been scanned or not. This way if a file changes in any way it is identified as requiring a rescan.

If I have many many levels of file tree , can I be sure scanner scans all levels of it and does not stop at certain depth?
The scan will continue until all files have been scanned regardless of tree depth. We recommend no more that 5-10 levels of folder structures to maintain a fast scan speed but more folder or directory levels will not affect the accuracy of the scan

I I have the same folder names, but all files inside them were replaced - will the scanner scan them or it will be considered and the same structure therefore files ignored?
Yes, new files will always be scanned. The system will use the MD5 hash codes of previously scanned files to check if a file has previously been scanned or not. This way if a file changes in any way it is identified as requiring a rescan.

And what if I remove some folders of the project and add new ones with new names? Are they to be scanned precisely in a new scan run?
Replacing any file or folder, even with a file or folder with the same name, will change the MD5 hash code. This means that the system will identify these as requiring a rescan.

Labels (1)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎Oct 07, 2019 01:07 PM
Updated by:
Contributors