cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sewechad
Level 4

“I don’t know” license type should not be published

The automated component detection creates inventory items with unknown license types. This happens under the following scenarios:

• Automated component detection publishes inventory items with "I don't know" license type
    • There are multiple license options (i.e. CDDL or GPL with Classpath Exception)
    • The component does not have a license
  • Automated component detection creates unpublished inventory items with "Work In Progress" license type

The published items with the "I don't know" license type are labeld as P3 and marked as “Pending”. It does not make sense to me that an inventory item can be published for approval if the license type is not known.

If a license cannot be determined, the automated fining should be unpublished state so that the analyst can determine the correct license type.

(1) Reply
tphamda
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @sewechad

We sincerely apologize for our lack of response. Going forward, we will be making a concerted effort to respond to all forum questions in a timely manner as well as responding to all previously asked questions on our forum. If you or someone else still has this question, here is our response:

The option to determine whether or not to publish inventories with undetermined licenses was added in Code Insight 2020 R1. Please refer to our documentation for more details:

https://docs.revenera.com/fnci2020r1/Default.htm#helplibrary/Automatically_Publishing_Inventory.htm 

0 Kudos