cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deinstalling software using App Broker

rabrera1
By Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran

What is our prescribed approach to uninstall software that may not have been installed by App Broker or SCCM?

What if a User went to the WWW and downloaded some software, paid with their credit card and installed it on their desktop.

When SCCM detects it, FNMS shows it as installed and consuming, but it’s really software that should not be present (a.k.a., unapproved software).

What is our approach to uninstalling such software?  Can we say that this process can be automated through App Broker?

Thanks,

(1) Solution

This sounds like a job for retirement campaigns.  You would define the retirement policy and then you would either need to create a catalog item with an uninstall package that could be used, or you would need to package/deploy the SmartUninstall utility that can uninstall some MSI-based installations without having a catalog item/uninstall package.  Please be aware that the catalog item with an uninstall package would be the more reliable option, but that may not be possible in this case, since you likely wouldn’t have a package for software that shouldn’t be in your environment.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

This sounds like a job for retirement campaigns.  You would define the retirement policy and then you would either need to create a catalog item with an uninstall package that could be used, or you would need to package/deploy the SmartUninstall utility that can uninstall some MSI-based installations without having a catalog item/uninstall package.  Please be aware that the catalog item with an uninstall package would be the more reliable option, but that may not be possible in this case, since you likely wouldn’t have a package for software that shouldn’t be in your environment.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".