cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ubhatt
By
Flexera Alumni

An update for the App Portal Web Extensions is now live and available for download in the Product and License Center (must be logged in with an account that has access to your corporate entitlements).  You’ll find the updated Web Extensions installer under both the App Portal 2020 R1 release and the App Broker 2020 R1 release folders.

This is version 3.0 and features support for the Chromium Edge browser. The following customer issues are also addressed as part of this release:

IOJ-2111192

Standard users cannot access Web Extensions.

IOJ-2102291

Web Extension support for Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) browser.

IOJ-2070553

Web Extensions need to use CRX3.

IOJ-2090535

Web Extensions not working with Chrome.

IOJ-2086587

Web Extensions not working for Edge.

Release notes for App Portal 2020 R1 have been updated to include the above issues under the Resolved Issues section.

(6) Comments
Kevin_Hou
By
Flexera Alumni

Thank you @ubhatt 

Great news, For other customers, this is the version our team is talking about. Please see below screenshot for your reference.

Web Extension 3.0.PNG

HTH

Cheers

MicrosoftBob
By
Level 2

Where is the documentation on how to install it (do we need to include the AppPortal server name?) and how to do a silent install?

jdempsey
By Moderator Moderator

The documentation for installing our web extensions is located here: https://docs.flexera.com/appportal/2020r1/ag/Content/helplibrary/APR_Settings_Website_Gen.htm#sitemgmt_2290099139_1931773

I believe step 4 under silent installations (with the /x parameter) is supposed to say "uninstall" rather than install, but I haven't tried it, so can't say for sure.

ubhatt
By
Flexera Alumni
The documentation has been update.
TeriStevenson
By
Level 9

Will these web extensions work with 2019 R1 or only on 2020 R1?

jdempsey
By Moderator Moderator

I'm not entirely sure, but I think they should work fine with 2019 R1.  Unfortunately, I no longer have a 2019 R1 environment to test against.