Issues Resolved in App Portal 2017 R2 Service Pack 1
SummaryThis article provides information on the fixes included in App Portal 2017 R2 Service Pack 1 (12.5.1 ) version
SynopsisThis article provides information on the fixes included in App Portal 2017 R2 Service Pack 1 (12.5.1 ) version.
DiscussionApp Portal 2017 R2 Service Pack 1 version includes the following fixes:
- IOJ-1874971 If the status for a request does not change for 168 hours (the default value for the settingFailRequestsAfterHoursStatus), App Portal is not automatically failing the request for Task sequences.
- IOJ-1872892 In some Mac environments, syncing occurs twice: once from SCCM and another timefrom Casper. Now, if there are Mac machines which are present in Casper but they are getting synced first from System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), App Portal will not sync a second time from Casper.
- IOJ-1872854 App Portal cannot add user to Security group of an External forest to a Catalog item request.
- IOJ-1872100 When canceling a request, devices are not being removed from static groups.
- IOJ-1871567 Computer discovery is picking the first machine from list instead of giving user an option to select the computer. For example, if a user logged in from a MAC machine then App Portal is discovering the Windows machine instead of the MAC machine.
- IOJ-1871057 Catalog items cannot be created for Casper.
- IOJ-1869989 FlexNet Manager Suite connections are failing in multi-tenant environments.
- IOJ-1868506 Catalog items with FlexNet Manager Suite UIDs are not opening if FlexNet Manager Suite is down or under a heavy load.
- IOJ-1868046 When customer clicks a status icon to get detailed application status. the status is not being returned.
- IOJ-1867368 When an MSI's architecture is set to 64-bit, attempts to install the MSI to a 32-bit machine results in an error message stating that ?the package is not compatible with this architecture.?
- IOJ-1866501 When requests were configured to be cleaned up from collections, detailed status messages are not being displayed.
- IOJ-1866263 Catalog item pricing is not showing correctly when browser is localized to a different language.
- IOJ-1864850 The My Requests details view does not get displayed after an upgrade.
- IOJ-1864843 Devices are not getting cleaned from the collection on a successful install when the browser language is in non-English locale.
- IOJ-1864528 In App Portal 2017 R2 if th FlexNet Manager Suite UID is set in the WD_Webpackages table to CheckFNMPLicensePosition=0 and CheckFNMPAdvanceLicense=NULL, it still attempts to connect to the FNMS Server
- IOJ-1864522 Starting in App Portal 2017 R2, General catalog items no longer require a device target. Prior to App Portal 2017 R2 SP1, there was no way to disable a feature. If your environment requires disabling of this feature, contact Flexera Technical Support for assistance.
- IOJ-1859936 Sync is failing with 'violation of unique key constraint' error for Casper devices, when devices have the same name but different serial numbers.
- IOJ-1859860 Casper computer sync fails if computer record has no name.
- IOJ-1858820 App Portal SSO integration failure: After SSO integration with Azure Active Directory, App Portal is not able to parse the SAML response generated by the Azure Active Directory when attempting to implement SAML.
- IOJ-1857577 MyApps page does not display strings for English locale.
- IOJ-1857429 In the Request From A Particular Target User report, all the catalog items are getting displayed irrespective of the user clicked instead of showing only catalog items that are based on the target user selected.
- IOJ-1857342 WebExtensions support missing for Microsoft Edge browser. This has been added in 2017 R2 SP1.
- IOJ-1857012 Get Machines List calls are failing intermittently resulting in users being unable to checkout software.
- IOJ-1854184 When attempting to use the UpdateCatalogImage method to update an existing icon, that icon does not get updated.
- IOJ-1850774 Casper user computer mappings should have an option to be done through user names.
- IOJ-1817712 AppPortal immediately issues Failed status instead of waiting for 168 hours threshold time set at Global level.
- IOJ-1773326 Applications with requirements remain in pending status. If a status of ?requirements not met? is received, App Portal should wait a configurable period of time, and then fail the request.
- IOJ-1770684 Mandatory advertisement setting is not being set for applications
- IOJ-1753133 Statuses pulled into App Portal relate to either success or failure only instead of providing all statuses provided by SCCM.
Additional InformationThis service pack only applies to App Portal 2017 R2 version and can be downloaded by logging in to the Product and License Center.