cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Do My App Reclamation on Specific Machines in App Portal

How to Do My App Reclamation on Specific Machines in App Portal

Summary

This article discusses how to create views to include or exclude machines from My App reclamations.

Synopsis

This article discusses how to create views to include or exclude machines from My App reclamations in App Portal.

Discussion

You can create views, named vMyAppsInclude and vMyAppsExclude, that contain a list of machines that can be included or excluded from the My Apps tab.

To create views to include or exclude machines on the My Apps tab:

• Include view?To define your own data source of machines for license reclamation using My Apps, create a view named vMyAppsInclude. The following is sample code:
CREATE VIEW [dbo].[vMyAppsInclude]
AS
SELECT MachineName, UniqueName
FROM vUserComputerMap
WHERE [YOUR INCLUDE CONDITION]
ORDER BY UniqueName
GO
  • Exclude view?To exclude machines for license reclamation using My Apps, create a view named vMyAppsExclude. The following is sample code:
CREATE VIEW [dbo].[vMyAppsExclude]
AS
SELECT MachineName, UniqueName
FROM vUserComputerMap
WHERE [YOUR EXCLUDE CONDITION]
ORDER BY UniqueName
GO

Additional Information

If you define a vMyAppsInclude view, then do not also define a vMyAppsExclude view. The vMyAppsInclude view is the exclusive data source of machines for license reclamation; you can define a condition that specifies which machines to exclude within the WHERE clause of this view.
Labels (1)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments

When using this method to target specific machines for reclamation, how is the created view then surfaced in the application to be chosen?

Adam, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but this is an old article from 2018.  If you are using a recent version of App Portal, I would stick with campaign-based conditions where you can see the conditions in the UI and they are specific to a particular application policy.  I would only use the views for permanent global exclusions such as excluding all servers (or similar scenarios).  For what it's worth, I've never been successful getting the "include" view to work, but the "exclude" view definitely does work.  You just won't see those exclusions listed in the UI.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎Oct 19, 2018 05:13 PM
Updated by: