cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary

This article discusses how to resolve the catalog item is not available warning that gets displayed during the checkout process

Symptoms

During the checkout process the following warning message might get displayed which stops the user from completing the checkout:
Catalog Item is not available at the CAS Site for User/Machine

Cause

This warning message is seen when the deployment has not been successfully created in SCCM. The AdvertID column usually has "-1" specified under the Catalog Item | Deployment tab | SCCM 2012/2007 tab view.

Resolution

To resolve the issue restart the ESDService under the services view on the App Portal server and test after 15 minutes.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments
AjaykumarPatil
By
Level 6

@saleman @CharlesW 
Would please explain how the AdvertID column gets changed to "-1". Is there any specific reason?

CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

@AjaykumarPatil - Generally, it indicates that there was a problem creating the deployment. I would recommend deleting the existing deployments from the catalog item and then add the package/application again. This will typically take care of the issue.

OscarMartin
By
Level 3

I am running into this problem. I recently performed a fresh installation and I an receiving this error when trying to submit a software catalog request. I tried restarting the ESD services and it didn't solve the problem. Is there anything else that could be causing the problem?

CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

OscarMartin - If you look at the deployment ->configMgr tab of the affected catalog item, are you seeing -1 shown for the AdvertID? 

OscarMartin
By
Level 3

Charles, AdvertID is empty for the affected catalog item. I also tried with a different catalog item and I am getting the same error.

Version history
Last update:
‎Nov 07, 2018 06:39 PM
Updated by: