cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unexpected error while requesting software.

When requesting software I get an unexpected error after hitting submit. Also getting the same error for the same package while checking the Approval Process tab in the catalog.

Please check and confirm

(2) Solutions

It looks like App Broker is having a problem querying AD to get the approvers for the request.

If you go to Site Management > Active Directory > Integration, do you have any issues viewing the current list of forests/domains or adding a new one?  Any errors trying to add a new user or group under Site Management > Admin Security?

Are you able to remove the approval workflow from the catalog item and add a different one? (if you can't do that from the catalog item Approval Process tab, you might be able to go to the approval workflow properties and remove it from the Applies To tab)

Do you see the same errors when logging in with a different account?

I'm not sure what the root cause or fix is, but just trying to narrow down if the issue is with the AD connection, the workflow, or the user that's logged in (which could impact the workflow).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

Yes, The item has a question template but it's done not contain  <  or >.

And the issue automatically resolved. 🙂 

View solution in original post

(10) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

What does the stack trace in the website.log show for this error?

at AppPortal.MVC.Controllers.CheckoutController.NextQuestionView(QuestionModel questionModel, FormCollection formCollection)
at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)]LOG]!><time="08:37:27.000+240" date="9-14-2021" component="Application_Error" context="" type="1" thread="4" file="Website">

It looks like some text has been dropped from the start of that stack trace. Do other error details appear before the line "at AppPortal.MVC.Controllers.CheckoutController.NextQuestionView(QuestionModel questionModel, FormCollection formCollection)" ?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisA here is the screenshot.

<![LOG[Unhandled Exception https://servername/esd/Checkout/NextQuestionView The server is not operational.

I saw the below error.

The screenshot still appears to be truncating the start of the error details. The most interesting and specific part of the error message is likely to be the start - before the "bInheritBundleApproval [...]" text that is shown at the very top of the screenshot.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I have attached the details logs.

Does the item you are requesting have a question template?  I've seen something similiar when a question has <  or > in the question or answer.  IIS treats it as malicious code.

Yes, The item has a question template but it's done not contain  <  or >.

And the issue automatically resolved. 🙂 

It looks like App Broker is having a problem querying AD to get the approvers for the request.

If you go to Site Management > Active Directory > Integration, do you have any issues viewing the current list of forests/domains or adding a new one?  Any errors trying to add a new user or group under Site Management > Admin Security?

Are you able to remove the approval workflow from the catalog item and add a different one? (if you can't do that from the catalog item Approval Process tab, you might be able to go to the approval workflow properties and remove it from the Applies To tab)

Do you see the same errors when logging in with a different account?

I'm not sure what the root cause or fix is, but just trying to narrow down if the issue is with the AD connection, the workflow, or the user that's logged in (which could impact the workflow).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".