cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question localization

hi,

Is it possible to put a format in the translation?  

Ex:

you have a phrase

EX:  this is the example

to be done

When I try to do the example it doesn't keep the format.

Is it possible to keep it?

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There really should be an HTML editor for localized questions, but there is not. You will run into problems when trying to enter HTML characters into the localized question, as IIS will not allow certain characters such as <>, which obviously need to be used for HTML tags.. The only solution I found was to modify the question directly in the DB, putting it the raw HTML for the question.. For example "this is <b>bold</b>".. Once you do this, then the HTML should display.. Localized questions are stored in the WD_QuestionTranslation table.. In particular, you would need to modify the translatedQuestion column.. My suggestion would be to first go to questions->Question Localization to enter a value.. You can then modify this value directly in the DB...

I need the translation in french the same as the Question details (popup information).

when I try to do the same it doesn't look the same like below:

Please enter the commitment number as provided by your finance administration person.

Ex:2000XXXXXX or 2000XXXXXX-001

Contact your manager for details.

and in french 

Veuillez saisir le numéro d'engagement fourni par votre responsable de l'administration financière.

Ex: 2000XXXXXX ou 2000XXXXXX-001

Consultez votre responsable pour plus de détails.

but it is not it look like this:

Veuillez saisir le numéro d'engagement fourni par votre responsable de l'administration financière.

Ex: 2000XXXXXX ou 2000XXXXXX-001Consultez votre responsable pour plus de détails.

You need to determine the HTML being used for the underlined text.. It looks like an "anchor" tag... Not sure if this is a link to a site, or a "mailto"... First, open your English question in App Portal and find the question.. Note that the underlined text will be displayed.. For example:

DesignView.png

Go to the HTML tab as shown below:

HTMLView.png

You would need to add the "raw" French HTML directly to the WD_QuestionTranslation table.