cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom approval notification not sending to CC or BCC

I need to cc the Approval notification and it does not send the email to the CC address. I have verified the address is good and it works on the Order notification but not the approval request notification.

Please help.

(1) Solution

Currently it has become a non-issue, changed the Workflow as to when the CC email needs to go out to the "Approved Notification" and that seems to work. So for now I mark this as resolved.

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

Do you see anything in the EmailApprovers.log?  I have 2 users on a cc and one email distribution list and receive the emails as the cc: or bcc on a general catalog item.

yes it is a General Catalog item. Not seeing anything in the EmailApprovers.log, or the email logs in the Site Management<logs<Email log

It appears that it does not send CC or BCC only on the "Request For Approval" notification. The other notifications "Software/General Catalog Item Request Order" and "Request Approved" notifications are working.

So is it that the Request for Approval can not be sent to CC/BCC?

It looks like the initial approval email which gets sent out should support a CC and BCC.. Do you see any exceptions in EmailApprovers.log file? Can you confirm that you only have a single CC address defined? Is the CC address defined at the catalog item level, or at the global level? Finally, what version of AP are you running?

Nothing in the EmailApprovers.log. 

I did test with just one CC address defined.

It is at the Catalog item level.

Running version 2019r1

I can not reproduce this. When I add a single CC, then the email is sent correctly to the CC address. Can you confirm that you restarted the ESD Service after making the change? You might also check to ensure that there is no white space in the CC field for the notification.

Currently it has become a non-issue, changed the Workflow as to when the CC email needs to go out to the "Approved Notification" and that seems to work. So for now I mark this as resolved.