cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog categories

creating catalog categories and the first couple populated. i was able to import a package and set in one of the subfolders; however the remaining categories are not populating in the 'browse catalog' tab.

what i created:

1.PNG2.PNG

any thoughts?
thx!

(14) Replies
There are only displayed in browse if they have at least one enabled item in them.
JohnMarcum wrote:
There are only displayed in browse if they have at least one enabled item in them.

John is correct. You have to have at least one Catalog Item assigned to the Category to have the Category displayed within the Browse Catalog section of the UI.
jason.snook wrote:
John is correct. You have to have at least one Catalog Item assigned to the Category to have the Category displayed within the Browse Catalog section of the UI.

thank you!! Osa was actually onsite shortly after my post and mentioned the same thing. once populated w/ an item I was able to view the dir structure. thanks again for the response!:)
Categories organize service catalog items into logical groups. Categories can have a parent-child relationship, such as IT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SMS Marketing software | Professional SMS Marketing| WP SMS Marketing
Well it seems it think the discussion make me confused because in the thread, participants comments on some other post its ok, but for the comments creating a thread separately and comments on their post really difficult to understand..
You can view all of your categories for a catalog by managing your catalog
Has anyone solved this problem. Last reply was is 2014, no one has the right answer?=)
Best regards https://wedohomework.net/
We purchased this product but it has a significant flaw in that the category page template and the product page template as the same and thus anything you put on the Category page in terms of wordpress content (eg a text description of the category / featured image etc) also shows in the product page. As a result it was not fit for what we wanted it for and we had to redo all our work. I contacted the developers but they were not resposive to fixing this. Beware if you need it to do something like this.? Clean Master Facebook Lite Mathway
ach functional area can have a set of rules to define how a catalog should be configured to support the functional area. When a catalog is created and assigned to the functional area, it is validated against the functional area rules. Clean Master Facebook Lite Mathway
Has anybody tackled this issue The last answer was is 2014, nobody has the privilege answer?
Regards: Subway Surfer IOS Company
We acquired this item yet it has a noteworthy defect in that the class page layout and the item page format as the equivalent and along these lines anything you put on the Category page as far as wordpress content (eg a content portrayal of the classification/highlighted picture and so on) additionally subway surfers apk appears in the item page. Subsequently it was not fit for what we needed it for and we needed to re-try all our work. I reached the engineers however they were not resposive to settling this. Be careful on the off chance that you require it to accomplish something like this.?
zoziano wrote:
We purchased this product but it has a significant flaw in that the category page template and the product page template as the same and thus anything you put on the Category page in terms of wordpress content (eg a text description of the category / featured image etc) also shows in the product page. As a result it was not fit for what we wanted it for and we had to redo all our work. I contacted the developers but they were not resposive to fixing this. Beware if you need it to do something like this.? ncsecu login

if you find the solution kindly do share

Are there catalog items assigned to the other categories?  If not, the categories will not display in the Browse Catalog view.  BTW, what version of App Portal is that?  It looks very old.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".