cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is AppPortal GUI unavailable when SCCM database goes offline?

We had a situation occur that caused our AppPortal web interface to stop responding when the SCCM database was not available.  We could not even get to the Admin tab.   Is this something that others have noticed?
We are using App Portal 2021 R1 (16.0.0.0)

(1) Solution

I found out there were DNS issues that impacted multiple servers, including the server hosting AppPortal's database.  That explains the problem I was experiencing.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi Kevin,

We have not experienced this behavior. When SCCM database is not available, AppPortal site will not complete the operations which involves the SCCM, however all the tabs and sub-tabs should be accessible without any issues. Please check any Error got logged in the WebSite.log file, which could give some hint. Thanks

Is your Self Service database co-located with the SCCM database?  

I found out there were DNS issues that impacted multiple servers, including the server hosting AppPortal's database.  That explains the problem I was experiencing.

Thanks for the update, Kevin.  Glad you figured it out.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".