cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the Uninstall Date represent?

In App Broker when kicking off a reclamation campaign, the Uninstall Date looks to be in the future. For instance, a policy that was started this morning shows a 3:47pm uninstall date for today. Is this the expected uninstall date based on SCCM scheduled policies or something? 

(1) Solution
Generally speaking, at UTC date/time is used whenever a date/time value is stored in the DB. In most cases, the browsers timezone offset will be applied when the date/time is displayed in the browser.. Again, assuming that you are referring to the "uninstall date" under the alerts link, it does not look like any offset is applied. I've run into a couple of issues where this offset is not applied, usually when App Portal is simply dumping the contents of a DB table (in this case, the WD_MyAppsAlert table). I've created a new issue for this in the bug database.. There would not be a work around as it would require a code change.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
Is it perhaps a time zone thing (e.g. 3:47pm UTC vs local time)?
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Are you referring to the "uninstall date" under the alerts link for reclamation campaigns? In my case, it looks to map out to the notification date.. I don't even see the browsers time zone offset applied, though as Jim stated, that was the first thing which came to mind. 

I was able to double check and it looks like you were right and it was displaying UTC time instead of the local servers' time. Any ideas how to adjust this? I believe it's only the MyApps functions that are using UTC, everything is local.

Generally speaking, at UTC date/time is used whenever a date/time value is stored in the DB. In most cases, the browsers timezone offset will be applied when the date/time is displayed in the browser.. Again, assuming that you are referring to the "uninstall date" under the alerts link, it does not look like any offset is applied. I've run into a couple of issues where this offset is not applied, usually when App Portal is simply dumping the contents of a DB table (in this case, the WD_MyAppsAlert table). I've created a new issue for this in the bug database.. There would not be a work around as it would require a code change.