cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility Rules

I'm trying to limit the # of applications that appear in the Software catalog to only those apps that a given user is entitled to download/install.

I've unchecked "Is enabled?" on the Global Tab> Global Options.  Assuming this would remove the application from all users displays.

The application was not removed.

Is there a restriction since I'm an admin on the site that I see all applications, regardless of configuration ?

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
If "is enabled" is not checked, then and administrator will still be able to see the catalog item under browse catalog.. A standard user should not be able to see it, however. If you are still seeing the "disabled" catalog item, then try closing your browser.. The catalog item visibility is stored in the session for performance reasons, so changes to the items visibility may not be immediately reflected.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
If "is enabled" is not checked, then and administrator will still be able to see the catalog item under browse catalog.. A standard user should not be able to see it, however. If you are still seeing the "disabled" catalog item, then try closing your browser.. The catalog item visibility is stored in the session for performance reasons, so changes to the items visibility may not be immediately reflected.