cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the max file size that can be uploaded on the Files tab and through the Upload Files during checkout?  I wasn't able to find that in the guides.

(1) Solution

I finally got the file from the user and took a look at the file the user was trying to upload.  It was a word doc and the user who had filled it out copy/pasted an email address so it had the html tags < and >  Once I removed those it was able to be uploaded 🙂    

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Seeing this in the logs

Unhandled Exception http://servername/esd/DownloadFile.aspx?GUID= Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping)
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
at DownloadFile.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Uploads are streamed directly into the App Portal DB.. They are stored as binary data in the WD_UploadData table. The BinaryData column is a varbinary(MAX) data type, which, from what I understand, will allow up to 2GB files to be stored.. The message itself does not seem to be related to file size.. Rather, it "seems" to be implying that it can not convert a column value into a GUID.  Is this consistent for any type of file that you try to upload, or is it only occurring for certain files? Does it happen for all user accounts or for specific user accounts?

I finally got the file from the user and took a look at the file the user was trying to upload.  It was a word doc and the user who had filled it out copy/pasted an email address so it had the html tags < and >  Once I removed those it was able to be uploaded 🙂