cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add JAMF package to App Portal after package indexed

Are there any known issues with JMAF Pro 10.24 and App Portal 2019 R1 adding a package if it's been indexed?  We were able to add the package until it was indexed to create the uninstall policy.  We removed the package from App Portal Casper tab and then tried to re-add it after indexing.

The CasperCatalog.log shows the following:

Data sent before creating policy : xmlDocPolicy.InnerXml - <policy><general><id>0</id><name>AppPortal_Mozilla Firefox 81.0 for MAC

Data post creation : responseDoc - <error>Error: Unable to match computer group</error>

Data post creation : status - Conflict

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Let me start off by saying that I'm extremely rusty with regards to JAMF integration.. And I must admit that I've not tested an indexed package (or any package) in a couple of years.. I know that App Portal requires an indexed package to support install/uninstall, so there should be no problems.. To me, based on the output, it sounds as if not everything had been cleaned up after you first added the package prior to indexing.. The status - conflict, seems to imply this anyways.. I don't suppose that you would have another indexed package handy, which you have never added before though App Portal, to see if the same behavior persists?

Kind of funny, but I went to test this quickly, and the first thing that I saw when adding a package was the identical error to what you were seeing.. I ended up deleting the package, changing the title of my catalog item a bit, and did not see the behavior again.. I don't believe that my package was indexed... Try deleting the package, and changing your catalog item title.. Also be sure that there are no static computer groups or policies (I think that is what they are called) already in Jamf for the package (at least those created by App Portal).. Finally, try restarting the ESD Service, as I seem to remember there were some items which get cached in memory which might cause some strange behavior. 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Let me start off by saying that I'm extremely rusty with regards to JAMF integration.. And I must admit that I've not tested an indexed package (or any package) in a couple of years.. I know that App Portal requires an indexed package to support install/uninstall, so there should be no problems.. To me, based on the output, it sounds as if not everything had been cleaned up after you first added the package prior to indexing.. The status - conflict, seems to imply this anyways.. I don't suppose that you would have another indexed package handy, which you have never added before though App Portal, to see if the same behavior persists?

Kind of funny, but I went to test this quickly, and the first thing that I saw when adding a package was the identical error to what you were seeing.. I ended up deleting the package, changing the title of my catalog item a bit, and did not see the behavior again.. I don't believe that my package was indexed... Try deleting the package, and changing your catalog item title.. Also be sure that there are no static computer groups or policies (I think that is what they are called) already in Jamf for the package (at least those created by App Portal).. Finally, try restarting the ESD Service, as I seem to remember there were some items which get cached in memory which might cause some strange behavior. 

Well... as always... you were right! Renaming the catalog title allowed the package to be added.
Thanks so much Charles 🙂