cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targeted Devices Column Missing in Reclamation Policy

We've noticed recently that some App Broker environments show a Targeted Devices column when viewing Reclamation Policies and some do not. Upon preliminary investigation it seems that instances connect to FNMS cloud are missing this, while ones connect to on prem FNMS include this. Can somebody confirm if that is correct and maybe provide some more information behind this? Has this been requested as an enhancement? 

(1) Solution

It sounds like this would be by design.  The targeted devices list (among some other functions like adding Flexera ID's to the policy list by searching for installed applications or existing licenses) requires direct SQL database access rather than going through the FNMS compliance API web service.  Since FNMS Cloud does not provide direct database access, these functions would not work and are likely intentionally hidden from the UI. 

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

It sounds like this would be by design.  The targeted devices list (among some other functions like adding Flexera ID's to the policy list by searching for installed applications or existing licenses) requires direct SQL database access rather than going through the FNMS compliance API web service.  Since FNMS Cloud does not provide direct database access, these functions would not work and are likely intentionally hidden from the UI. 

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".