cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Feedback Permissions

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

i am trying to limit access for the person handling submitted Site Feedback in App Portal. Site Feedback exists under the Communication tab but when I provide the user only R/W/D permissions under Site Communication they cant see Site Feedback but they can see the data in the other tabs under Communication i.e. notifications, approve reasons, etc. If i provide the user permissions under Site Management then they can see Site Feedback.

Is there a way to resolve this? The customer wants this user to only have access to site feedback and not permissions to the rest of the Site Management sections.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
Yes, you will need at least read permissions to site management in order to view the site feedback.. No way to change this behavior without modifying the code..

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
Yes, you will need at least read permissions to site management in order to view the site feedback.. No way to change this behavior without modifying the code..

@CharlesW Based on this "Note • Permissions are the “most restrictive model”. For example, if a user is in two groups where one is granted Read permission and the other granted Write permission, the permissions will be Read; they are not cumulative."  from "Managing Administration Permissions" in the App Portal System Administration Guide - would mean that if I add Read permissions to Site Management the R/W/D would not take effect and the user would only be able to view the Site Feedback they would not be able to respond to them.

@kevin_philpot That makes sense. The issue here is the customer wants to assign a Site Feedback role to a user and have that individual handle responding to all Site Feedback, but not have access to any other admin functions. A view only report or read only role in the dashboard doesn't satisfy this request.

If you add read permissions to site management, then the user will be able to manipulate the feedback, but the will not be able to enable/disable site feedback. While they would still be able to view some of the other site management settings, there is not much that they could change.. the "save" button should be locked down..

I had a similar situation where some folks wanted to see the site feedback data but I did not want to give them sufficient AP console permissions, so I created SQL/web report and allowed them to view the data.   That did the trick in my case.