cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceNow Connection Fails - 401 Error

After connecting a dev App Broker instance to an upgraded (New York) instance of ServiceNow, we are seeing successful tests of the connection in the AB UI, but when trying to sync the catalogs an error shows up in the ServiceNowIntegration.log stating "Failed to connect to ServiceNow to create Catalog. Error Details: ServiceNow connection settings are not valid. Error Message: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized." To me this seems like an issue on the ServiceNow side of things. Any advice on what to check for to resolve this?

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
The ServiceNow User Account being used to integrate must have the following minimum role set:

• x_fls_appportal.user
• catalog_admin
• mid_server
• web_service_admin
• pa_admin
• import_transformer

In addition, for ServiceNow users to be able to check out an App Broker catalog item they must have the 'x_fls_appportal.user' role. Can you check the account permissions, or even try an admin account to see if this makes a difference?
We just checked the roles and they are all there. We also tried with an admin account and are still not having any luck. Still seeing a 401 error (at least in the ExternalSystems_Error.log)

As mentioned, New York is unsupported at this time (I'm sure you are just testing 🙂 ) .. With that being said, I integrated an instance of new York with App Portal 2019 R1, and I do not see any issues when syncing. If you are seeing a 401, then to to ITSM integration in App Portal, and try resetting the user name and password for the configuration for "the Catalog import set management service, as seen below:

CharlesW_0-1581366029466.png

After doing this, restart the ESD Service.