cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Account - interactive or non-interactive

Hello,

Our App Portal service account in an interactive account. We want to change this to non-interactive for security reasons.

I looked through the installation guides and it looks as though we only need a non-interactive account. Would there be any issues if we changed the service account from interactive to non-interactive?

Thanks in advance

😊

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
The ESD Service account does not need to be an interactive account.. You should be fine by changing it to a non-interactive account. Note that when I say "non-interactive" I'm referring to the "Deny log on Locally" group policy setting.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
The ESD Service account does not need to be an interactive account.. You should be fine by changing it to a non-interactive account. Note that when I say "non-interactive" I'm referring to the "Deny log on Locally" group policy setting.

@NicOla 
We do have a Non-Interactive Logon account and it doesn't have any issues, it is added to "Deny Log on Locally" policy and whenever we have to make any changes, we request security team to provide us interactive login by removing the account from the deny policy for certain period of time for the activity (mainly upgrades).|
It doesn't makes any difference to your day to day activities.

But before making any changes, you should definitely refer to the installation guides which have some more details about this.

Thanks,
Sushant

Thanks Sushant,
I did review the guides too. We changed it to non-interactive today and no problems so far.