cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security around App Broker and Cloud FNMS connection

A customer has strict requirements around connections made directly to outside of their network/data center without going through some type of middleware and is wondering about some of the details regarding how App Broker connects to Cloud FNMS to perform license checks that I can't seem to find in any of the documentation:

• When App Broker calls FNMS to perform license checks, is the two way connection synchronous or is it an outbound message that is followed up by a separate inbound message?
  • Does/can the connection utilize Oauth 2.0?
  • Does FNMS ever initiate a connection or is it only initiated by the App Broker App Server?
(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
It should be a synchronous call.. As mentioned, the code blurb I provided is similar to what App Broker is making.. I believe that the Access token in the header is an Oauth token... FNMS itself never initializes a connection to App Broker.. The only communication between the two occurs when App Broker calls the FNMS Compliance API to perform various tasks.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
It should be a synchronous call.. As mentioned, the code blurb I provided is similar to what App Broker is making.. I believe that the Access token in the header is an Oauth token... FNMS itself never initializes a connection to App Broker.. The only communication between the two occurs when App Broker calls the FNMS Compliance API to perform various tasks.