cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM Packages Not Showing in App Broker

A customer he recently decided to use SCCM/ConfigManager for deployments via App Portal so we had them raise the SCCM permissions of the App Portal service account to the required minimum, but we are still not seeing any packages or applications from SCCM in App Portal. Users and Computers are importing just fine. Does the Web Service need to be installed on the SCCM service for this, or is that just for integration with ITSMs? 

(1) Solution

When you get a chance, check IIS Manager on the SCCM site server to make sure there is an application pool for the ESDWebService and that it's started.  If not, then there was a problem with the installation.  If so, then check to make sure there are no firewalls blocking the port (by default HTTP/port 80) between the App Broker server and the SCCM server.  When communication to the web service is working, you should be able to go to Site Management > Settings > General and click the "Check" link next to the Web Services Version label and have it return the version of the web service code (which should normally match the version of App Broker that's installed).

Web Service VersionWeb Service Version

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

User/computer/relationship sync uses a direct SQL connection, as does deployment status.  Everything else related to deployment of software via SCCM requires the ESDWebService.  Also, make sure the App Portal service account has EXECUTE permission on the SCCM site database (not just READ), as there are some functions and stored procedures that App Portal needs to execute when communicating with SCCM.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks Jim. We have installed the Web Service on the SCCM site server and made sure the service account has the following permissions on the database 

db_ddladmin

db_datawriter

db_datareader

db_executor

As well as Application Administrator and OS Deployment Manager on the Console, but we are still getting an error when testing the ConfigMgr settings under Settings>Deployment. Error reads "SCCM settings are not valid as App Portal could not communicate with its web service" although we are connecting to SCCM because we have users and computers importing. Is there a configuration step I could be missing here, or do I need to kick something off/reset something because this environment went from only using SCCM for users/computers to using SCCM for deployments now?

Adam,
You must install the ESD Web Service on the SCCM server. This is done by running the executable named AppPortalWebServiceSetup_2019_R1.exe on the SCCM server (available in the PLC). The list of Applications/packages, in addition to many other things, are provided the the ESD Web Service.

Thanks
Charles
Hi Charles, we did install the Web Service on the SCCM service. This is why I expect the connection to work now, but it does not.

When you get a chance, check IIS Manager on the SCCM site server to make sure there is an application pool for the ESDWebService and that it's started.  If not, then there was a problem with the installation.  If so, then check to make sure there are no firewalls blocking the port (by default HTTP/port 80) between the App Broker server and the SCCM server.  When communication to the web service is working, you should be able to go to Site Management > Settings > General and click the "Check" link next to the Web Services Version label and have it return the version of the web service code (which should normally match the version of App Broker that's installed).

Web Service VersionWeb Service Version