cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reharvesting - Collection Exclusions Not Saving

When testing license reharvesting in App Broker we need to set up exclusion conditions to avoid reharvesting applications from specific machines. The best way to do this in this dev environment is to only include machines in a specific collection. When setting up the exclusion condition for any collections the exclusion condition won't save. It works with Group and OU, but not collection for some reason. Does anyone have any insight into this?

(1) Solution

I actually just ran into this when using collection conditions for visibility rules on catalog items.  Under Site Management > Settings > Deployment > Common, make sure there is a value selected for Evaluating collection membership and that it matches the system you are trying to use for the collection conditions.

Note: When testing with visibility conditions, I found that collection conditions were inverted from what would be expected (i.e. Exclude conditions were showing the catalog items and Include conditions were hiding the catalog items).  I don't know if this same inverted logic would apply in the case of the My Apps exclusions, but just be aware of that possibility.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

I actually just ran into this when using collection conditions for visibility rules on catalog items.  Under Site Management > Settings > Deployment > Common, make sure there is a value selected for Evaluating collection membership and that it matches the system you are trying to use for the collection conditions.

Note: When testing with visibility conditions, I found that collection conditions were inverted from what would be expected (i.e. Exclude conditions were showing the catalog items and Include conditions were hiding the catalog items).  I don't know if this same inverted logic would apply in the case of the My Apps exclusions, but just be aware of that possibility.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Did that resolve your issue, Adam?
Yes it did, thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors