cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reclamation switch to Retirement issue

Ran a license reclamation a few months back on an applications to find out who is still using the application get as many uninstalled as possible. Last week disabled the License reclamation and setup a retire campaign for the same application and ARL.

All the retire uninstall request in My Apps are sitting waiting for unanswered questions (see attached).

Please advise how to fix and what the correct procedure is to run one campaign then switch to another.

(1) Solution

Honestly, I'm not 100% certain, but I do not think that it will (you never know until you try 🙂 ). My assumption is that the request is broken, as the insert date in WD_PackageRequests was never set. I'm not aware of any functionality which checks to see if questions are answered prior to inserting..  Typically, those questions would have been answered when the user selected the "uninstall" for the alert, before the request was even submitted.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Certainly it should not be retire campaign that would be doing this. Can you confirm that these requests were created recently?   If so, I can only assume that you had your old campaign set to "allow users to uninstall unused software", and that there are some old alerts which were not expired.. The approach that I commonly use, and one that I would recommend if you are switching your campaign type,  is to simply delete the old alerts from the WD_MyAppsAlert table.. 

Whatever the cause, as these requests have already been created, I think that the only option would be to cancel the requests which are stuck waiting for unanswered questions... 

Follow-up, what happens if I answer the question as the admin in the request from My Request? Will that trigger the uninstall?

Honestly, I'm not 100% certain, but I do not think that it will (you never know until you try 🙂 ). My assumption is that the request is broken, as the insert date in WD_PackageRequests was never set. I'm not aware of any functionality which checks to see if questions are answered prior to inserting..  Typically, those questions would have been answered when the user selected the "uninstall" for the alert, before the request was even submitted.

I agree with Charles on removing the "broken" requests.  After doing that, you may also want to check under Site Management > Settings > Flexera Integration and see if you have checked the box for "Bypass Question for uninstall checkout".  Honestly, I'm not sure why that's even optional, as I don't think it's very common to require someone to answer questions to uninstall an application.  I suppose I could think of a use case for that if I really stretch my imagination, but I always check that box in the implementations I do.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".