cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reclamation Machine Status and Last Inventory Date

2019 R1 and I've been seeing alerts generated in My Apps for machines in FNMS where the status is set to ignored and the last inventory date is in the past and wondering if this is as designed or perhaps I need to use some type of exclude view.

The recent example is from yesterday.  A user received a device replacement in November 2020 and his old device had a last inventory date of 11/5/2020 in FNMS and the status is ignored.  The device exists in SCCM but has no heartbeat or scans.

We have reclamation set up for products for 90 days non-use and send the user a notification.  An alert was generated for the old device which is no longer on the network and set to ignored in FNMS.

Does the reclamation code only check last used date for software only and no other criteria when generating the alert?  If so, are there any suggestions for removing those alerts?  This is causing confusion with the user base and the SAM team is constantly fielding questions for old devices.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

When the My Apps process runs, App Portal will get a list of all devices with a given FlexeraID installed.. App Portal with then proceed to process this list of devices, based on the lastUsed date, or the discovered date if the last used date is not available... App Portal does not look at anything else beyond the these dates, so if FNMS is returned a device which is ignored, then App Portal will not care, and it will try to create an alert for the device. While App Portal would need to verify that the device was managed by SCCM prior to submitting an insert into the uninstall collection , it would not do so prior to actually creating the alert. I'd say that your best bet may be to put a collection condition on the reclamation campaign.. If the device is no longer on the network, then my assumption is that it would no longer show up in SCCM.. As such, you might use the "all desktop and server clients" collection, or something similar.  I can't remember the exact version of App Portal you are running, but run the following query to ensure that SCCM conditions can be used:

update WD_AppSettings set value = 'False' where keyname = 'IgnoreCollectionConditions'

Depending upon the version/hotfix you have installed this query may not update anything, in which case, you don't have to worry about it.

You could always remove the alerts directly, by deleting them from WD_MyAppsAlert.. Look for those alerts where expired is not = 1. Another option would be to simply set expired=1 where it was not already set. The hard part would be knowing which alerts were tied to devices which are no longer active. 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

When the My Apps process runs, App Portal will get a list of all devices with a given FlexeraID installed.. App Portal with then proceed to process this list of devices, based on the lastUsed date, or the discovered date if the last used date is not available... App Portal does not look at anything else beyond the these dates, so if FNMS is returned a device which is ignored, then App Portal will not care, and it will try to create an alert for the device. While App Portal would need to verify that the device was managed by SCCM prior to submitting an insert into the uninstall collection , it would not do so prior to actually creating the alert. I'd say that your best bet may be to put a collection condition on the reclamation campaign.. If the device is no longer on the network, then my assumption is that it would no longer show up in SCCM.. As such, you might use the "all desktop and server clients" collection, or something similar.  I can't remember the exact version of App Portal you are running, but run the following query to ensure that SCCM conditions can be used:

update WD_AppSettings set value = 'False' where keyname = 'IgnoreCollectionConditions'

Depending upon the version/hotfix you have installed this query may not update anything, in which case, you don't have to worry about it.

You could always remove the alerts directly, by deleting them from WD_MyAppsAlert.. Look for those alerts where expired is not = 1. Another option would be to simply set expired=1 where it was not already set. The hard part would be knowing which alerts were tied to devices which are no longer active. 

Thanks Charles.  I'm going to work with the SCCM team and see if they can create a collection for machines which have been replaced and/or decommissioned.  Machines remain on the network for 90 days until they're removed.  If I can get them to create a collection of these machines then I could use that as an exclude condition.