cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions - Standard Conditions

Hey,
using App Portal 2021R2, we are trying to display questions based on collection memberships.

In our Question Template we got two entry questions:

Question 1a should only show if users are part of collection A (Condition: Collection A, Enforcement: Include)
Question 1b should only show if users are part of collection B (Condition: Collection B, Enforcement: Include)

My test user is part of collection A and not part of collection B, but still both questions are shown.
We are planning to use  user collections with membership rules that check certain Active Directory attributes.
Am I misunderstanding the functionality of these conditions or are there some settings Im missing?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
Tim

(1) Solution

After performing more testing, I'm thinking that this is permissions related and not a bug. When testing, were you checking out as a user who had delete permissions to site management (under admin security)? The account I used had site management - delete permissions, and I found that the conditions were ignored.. I then removed the admin security permissions from the account, and tested again (after restarting the browser). The appropriate  questions  were displayed based on conditions. 

I was not aware that there was functionality to ignore question conditions when checking out as an admin, but I'm fairly certain that this must be what you are running into.

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Tim,
   I think that you are understanding the functionality correctly. I'm seeing the same behavior. It appears that conditions placed on questions are simply ignored at this time. I tested conditions based on SCCM collection, as you are doing, and also based on AD group membership (both include and exclude). in every case, the questions were displayed.  My assumption is that this would be an issue for all standard condition types, but I did not test every condition type. I've created a ticket with the engineering team to have this addressed. 

Hi Charles,

thanks for your support.
Alright, let's hope it's not too big of an issue and the engineering can soon help us with this case. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Tim

Hi Charles,

do you have any news or ETA for a fix of this issue?
Our customer urgently needs this feature for implementing the desired workflow.
Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Tim

No, no ETA as of yet. Were trying to track down the root cause of the problem. My engineering team can not reproduce it in their environment, while I can consistently reproduce it in mine. We are using the same test case. Need to see if they are testing against a newer build of App Broker.

After performing more testing, I'm thinking that this is permissions related and not a bug. When testing, were you checking out as a user who had delete permissions to site management (under admin security)? The account I used had site management - delete permissions, and I found that the conditions were ignored.. I then removed the admin security permissions from the account, and tested again (after restarting the browser). The appropriate  questions  were displayed based on conditions. 

I was not aware that there was functionality to ignore question conditions when checking out as an admin, but I'm fairly certain that this must be what you are running into.

Interesting, I indeed am full admin, so this could be the problem. I will test it in the customer's environment and let you know if it's fixed by removing the admin security permissions. Thank you very much.

I removed the  delete permissions for site management, restarted the browser and the conditions are now working. Thank you for your support!

My pleasure. Sorry I did not catch this sooner! After 10 years of working with the product, you'd think that I would know this 🙂