cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question fields editable after request is submitted

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Is it possible to lockdown the questions once an order has been submitted? Currently question answers can be edited if a user opens up their request.

(1) Reply

No, there is no way to make questions read-only after submission.  This is a bit of a double-edged sword, because there are valid use cases for when you'd want to be able to modify values after submission.  However, we've also seen problems with this such as when you have a "selection"-style question (e.g. drop-down list, checkbox list, radio button list) that is populated from a web service, especially if the web service uses the currently logged in user as an input criteria to its business logic.  In such a situation, only the original requester may be able to see the originally-selected answer, because anyone else logging in and looking at the request may have a different list of options based on the business logic of the web service.

Having said that, there is a view called vQuestionResponseAuditTrail that contains a separate record for every time an answer is changed, so you can see a history of responses for a given request.  You could also write a script or a simple SOAP method that would write the original answers into the request notes, and add that script/web method to the On Submit event.  That way, the request notes would always show you the original answers even if they get changed later.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".