cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement Integration

A customer is looking to integrate App Broker with their Oracle based procurement tool. In order to make that connection, would that be done by using the ITSM Integration portion of the Site Management section of App Portal? I see there is an option to connect to ServiceNow and also Remedy, just want to make sure using the "Other" option would allow them to connect to an Oracle based tool.

(1) Solution

Flexera Services has done a procurement integration with Coupa for one of our customers.  Since Coupa exposes REST API's rather than SOAP, we leveraged PowerShell scripts.  But if the Oracle procurement solution exposes SOAP API's, you could technically use either the web service framework or the ITSM framework.  They are almost identical, but you get a little extra functionality with the ITSM framework (slightly different logging and a return value stored in ##RECORD_ID##).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Flexera Services has done a procurement integration with Coupa for one of our customers.  Since Coupa exposes REST API's rather than SOAP, we leveraged PowerShell scripts.  But if the Oracle procurement solution exposes SOAP API's, you could technically use either the web service framework or the ITSM framework.  They are almost identical, but you get a little extra functionality with the ITSM framework (slightly different logging and a return value stored in ##RECORD_ID##).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".