cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packagename with Approver

How do we get all PackgeName along with its Approver Name in AppPortal ? Do we have any query on any template to extract the same?

(1) Solution

I'm still not clear if you're talking about a catalog item or a request for a catalog item.  Request information would be in WD_PackageRequest or vMyRequestsCatalogUpdated.  Catalog item information would be in WD_WebPackages, vRequests, or vSearchCatalog.  vPackageWorkflows will show you each catalog item ID with its corresponding workflow name.  You could join that with WD_WebPackages on PackageID to get the list of catalog item names with their associated workflow names.  If you're trying to get a list of approvers for a catalog item, that's a bit trickier because you would have to first look up the corresponding workflow, then enumerate the list of approver GUIDs, then map the GUIDs to names, then consolidate them all into a single delimited list for that catalog item.  If you're looking for the current approver(s) for a specific request, you can find that in WD_ApprovalProcess by filtering where RequestID_FK is the request ID you're looking for and IsCurrentApprover = 1.  Again, you'd have to map the GUIDs to names and consolidate the list if there is more than one current approver.

Forgot to mention that to map the GUIDs to names, you can do that by joining with WD_Profile (assuming the user has a profile entry).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Do you mean you're looking to create a report listing all active catalog items and their associated approval workflow?  Or are you looking for a report showing all active requests with pending approvals, indicating who the current approver is?  Or is it something else that you're looking for?  If you can provide a sample output, we could more easily provide a sample query.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

I am looking for below details.

|Package Name | Approver |
------------------------------------

I'm still not clear if you're talking about a catalog item or a request for a catalog item.  Request information would be in WD_PackageRequest or vMyRequestsCatalogUpdated.  Catalog item information would be in WD_WebPackages, vRequests, or vSearchCatalog.  vPackageWorkflows will show you each catalog item ID with its corresponding workflow name.  You could join that with WD_WebPackages on PackageID to get the list of catalog item names with their associated workflow names.  If you're trying to get a list of approvers for a catalog item, that's a bit trickier because you would have to first look up the corresponding workflow, then enumerate the list of approver GUIDs, then map the GUIDs to names, then consolidate them all into a single delimited list for that catalog item.  If you're looking for the current approver(s) for a specific request, you can find that in WD_ApprovalProcess by filtering where RequestID_FK is the request ID you're looking for and IsCurrentApprover = 1.  Again, you'd have to map the GUIDs to names and consolidate the list if there is more than one current approver.

Forgot to mention that to map the GUIDs to names, you can do that by joining with WD_Profile (assuming the user has a profile entry).