cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyApp Email Notification

Hi Guys

I just want to ask, every when does the reclamation process runs in MyApps? I am trying to migrate our reclamation process from legacy "License Reclamation" to "MyApps" and i have been doing some testing. I have set the threshold to 2 days and it has been 6 days now but i still don't get any email notif for the software reclamation. In the legacy "License Reclamation" you can set the frequency of the notification which i can't see in MyApps. Please see steps below that i have done:

*  Added required information on Flexera Integration

* Checked "Enable My Apps Email Notification"

* For testing purposes set the reclamation threshold for 2 days 

* Check my device on "Targeted Device". 

-Processed = False

-Is eligible for alert = Yes

(1) Solution
App Portal creates two scheduled tasks in Windows Task Scheduler. The first one is to process My Apps alerts (checks policies to see if any devices are out of compliance). The second one is to send My Apps email notifications for existing alerts. By default, they run weekly on Saturday night/Sunday morning, but you can change the timing or frequency to your liking. We have seen some instances where these tasks don't get created, so please check to make sure they exist, are enabled, and are running without error. Also make sure they are configured to run under the App Portal service account context and not as SYSTEM.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
App Portal creates two scheduled tasks in Windows Task Scheduler. The first one is to process My Apps alerts (checks policies to see if any devices are out of compliance). The second one is to send My Apps email notifications for existing alerts. By default, they run weekly on Saturday night/Sunday morning, but you can change the timing or frequency to your liking. We have seen some instances where these tasks don't get created, so please check to make sure they exist, are enabled, and are running without error. Also make sure they are configured to run under the App Portal service account context and not as SYSTEM.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks for the reply @jdempsey , unfortunately looking at the AppPortal Server it seems that during the upgrade of the product the task schedule was not automatically created. Luckily i found a thread to create it manually. Cheers!