cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Apps scheduled tasks missing

My Apps is enabled in App Broker, but the two scheduled tasks on the application server related to it (process computers for My Apps alerts and send out My Apps email notifications) do not exist. These tasks should be created upon initial install of the tool, correct? Is running an installation repair recommended to try to fix this issue? 

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I think it would be easier to simply recreate them manually.. Not sure what might have happened to them, but I must admit that I've seen this occur before, and I don't know if a repair would restore them. The command lines you would need to use for the two scheduled tasks would be as follows (defined under the actions tab of the scheduled task) :

App Portal - Process Computers for My Apps Alerts

AppPortal.App.MyAppsExecutables.exe 1 1 true

App Portal - Send out My Apps Email Notifications

AppPortal.App.MyAppsExecutables.exe 2 1 true

Note that the file AppPortal.App.MyAppsExecutables.exe is located in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\App Portal\Utilities\MyApps

Be sure that you select "run whether user is logged in or not" and "run with highest privileges".. Typically the account that you specify will be the ESD Service account that you have specified. 

ScreenCapture.png

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I think it would be easier to simply recreate them manually.. Not sure what might have happened to them, but I must admit that I've seen this occur before, and I don't know if a repair would restore them. The command lines you would need to use for the two scheduled tasks would be as follows (defined under the actions tab of the scheduled task) :

App Portal - Process Computers for My Apps Alerts

AppPortal.App.MyAppsExecutables.exe 1 1 true

App Portal - Send out My Apps Email Notifications

AppPortal.App.MyAppsExecutables.exe 2 1 true

Note that the file AppPortal.App.MyAppsExecutables.exe is located in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\App Portal\Utilities\MyApps

Be sure that you select "run whether user is logged in or not" and "run with highest privileges".. Typically the account that you specify will be the ESD Service account that you have specified. 

ScreenCapture.png