cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to a New SCCM Server

Team,

We're migrating to a new SCCM server, which means it has a new site code.   I have hundreds of packages created in App Broker.  How to I move to the new server without recreating all the applications?  Also, what are the steps I need to take?

(4) Replies

Are you just moving your existing SCCM site to a new physical server but keeping everything the same?  Or are you actually standing up a new site and migrating your users, content, collections, etc. to the new site?  If the latter, I don't know that I have any customers that have tried that.  Assuming all the applications, collections, etc. all migrate with the same ID's, then you may be able to simply change your SCCM settings in App Portal and then change the "Server" column on all the entries in the WD_SiteToAdvert table.  However, if your package/application IDs, collection IDs, and advert IDs are all changing as part of the migration, then you'd have to come up with some sort of mapping between the old and new IDs and then update all of the relevant columns in the WD_SiteToAdvert table.  @CharlesW would know better than I, but I'm pretty sure that WD_SiteToAdvert table is the only one you would need to change in order for App Portal to know which catalog items map to which SCCM objects.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Hey friend!  Yes we are actually standing up a new server and site code.

Yes, WD_SiteToAdvert is the table which stores the mappings between catalog items and Config Mgr collections/deployments.. The tricky part is trying to map the old collections/deployments  ID's from the old Config Mgr environment to the new. I don't have any great suggestions on how to do this.

I believe if you use the Migration tool within the console to migrate everything over to the new site, it should retain the ID's for the migrated collections and deployments, so you probably won't need to "map" anything.  However, if you do need to do a mapping exercise, you should be able to do a JOIN between the old site DB and new site DB (based on name) and get the new IDs that way.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".