cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Reclamation from My Apps tab

We currently have our deployments set to not remove from the install collection for some reporting that we're working on. We don't currently have reclamation set up, but we are starting. When using reclamation from the My Apps tab, will the reclamation remove the machine from the install collection, or will it just add it to the uninstall collection? 

(1) Solution
I just wanted to add that if the software was originally installed by App Portal, and if the device/user is still in the install collection managed by App Portal, then App Portal will remove the device from the install collection automatically, prior to inserting the device into the uninstall collection. If the install collection is not managed by App Portal, then App Portal will not be able to remove the device from the collection.

Note: you should be able to see this occurring if you look at CollectionInsert.log for the ESD Web Service (on the Config mgr server). The log entry will be as follows:

Request is uninstall and resource is in install collection, removing...

Incidentally, and somewhat off topic, the opposite also holds true. App Portal will remove a device from the uninstall collection prior to inserting the device into an install collection. The following is logged in this case:

Request is install and resource is in uninstall collection, removing...

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Edit: After conferring with Charles, I stand corrected.  I may have been working from old information.  Please see his response, which I have marked as the actual solution.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Do you happen to know what would be added to ConfigMgr for that?

I just wanted to add that if the software was originally installed by App Portal, and if the device/user is still in the install collection managed by App Portal, then App Portal will remove the device from the install collection automatically, prior to inserting the device into the uninstall collection. If the install collection is not managed by App Portal, then App Portal will not be able to remove the device from the collection.

Note: you should be able to see this occurring if you look at CollectionInsert.log for the ESD Web Service (on the Config mgr server). The log entry will be as follows:

Request is uninstall and resource is in install collection, removing...

Incidentally, and somewhat off topic, the opposite also holds true. App Portal will remove a device from the uninstall collection prior to inserting the device into an install collection. The following is logged in this case:

Request is install and resource is in uninstall collection, removing...