cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Reclamation - Has Uninstall Program: false

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

I am setting up license reclamation using My Apps. I noticed that even though the apps in my catalog have uninstall programs associated to them the "Has Uninstall Program" is still set to False. Is this  specific to the SmartUninstall executable or is this for the SCCM uninstall packages? In the documentation in the link below the screenshot of the MyApps page also shows that column as false. Does the License Reclamation job not successfully uninstall the program if this value is set to false?

(2) Solutions

No, the catalog name makes no difference.. You just need to have an uninstall collection tied to the catalog item, and you need to make sure to that "enable uninstallation" is checked.. Obviously, verify that the ARL is the same between the catalog item and the reclamation campaign.. You might also check to ensure that multiple catalog items to not reference the same ARL.. For instance:

select * from wd_packagerequests where FUID = '<arl>'

If you have multiple catalog items, then App Broker might be picking up on the wrong catalog item.

Note that there was an issue where the value was incorrectly showing "false", but this was resolved in 2019R1 or so.. 

View solution in original post

There is a hotfix for 2018R1. If you were to open a support case we can attach it to the case.

View solution in original post

(9) Replies

If you have an uninstall program but that column is showing false, check the Deployment Settings property tab and make sure the Enable Uninstall (Remove from Collection) setting is selected.  If that column shows false on a policy and SmartUninstall is not enabled or deployed, the policy will have no effect.  If the column shows false and you have SmartUninstall enabled/deployed, it will attempt to use SmartUninstall instead of using the uninstall program that you have configured.  Ideally, you want that column to show true for each policy.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

@jdempsey That setting is checked to uninstall but still shows false for uninstall program. Does the catalog item need to be named the same as it is in FNMS? For instance we have a catalog item "Adobe Acrobat DC Pro" but the target we want to reclaim is "Acrobat DC 2020 Continuous". The ARLs we have linked to the Catalog item and the reclamation are the same. Wil the titles being different cause an issue? At this point its the only thing i can think of that would cause the uninstall program not to appear.

No, the catalog title has absolutely nothing to do with it.  I feel like there are one or two other settings that potentially impact this, but I don't remember what they are.

@CharlesW, I think you had helped me with this quite a while back.  Do you recall what settings have to be configured for the Uninstall Program = True to appear on a reclamation policy?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

No, the catalog name makes no difference.. You just need to have an uninstall collection tied to the catalog item, and you need to make sure to that "enable uninstallation" is checked.. Obviously, verify that the ARL is the same between the catalog item and the reclamation campaign.. You might also check to ensure that multiple catalog items to not reference the same ARL.. For instance:

select * from wd_packagerequests where FUID = '<arl>'

If you have multiple catalog items, then App Broker might be picking up on the wrong catalog item.

Note that there was an issue where the value was incorrectly showing "false", but this was resolved in 2019R1 or so.. 

Thanks @CharlesW and @jdempsey . We have 2018 R1 deployed. I will double check the table you referenced. If this is not the case do we need to upgrade to 2019 R1 in order to resolve the issue?

There is a hotfix for 2018R1. If you were to open a support case we can attach it to the case.

@CharlesW I opened the following - Case #02272273

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.. I've attached the hotfix to the support case you opened..

The hotfix resolved the issue and the column is showing True for products with uninstall packages attached. Thanks for the help on this.