cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Available not matching FNM

In App Portal the licenses available count for an application is not matching what we are seeing in FNM.  Is there anything that we can check to see where the disconnect may be occurring.  

(3) Replies
Hopefully, you don't see a situation where FNMS shows fewer licenses than App Portal. It's fully expected that App Portal may show fewer licenses than FNMS. This is because FNMS doesn't show reservations in the UI. App Portal will always subtract the number of active reservations from the available license count shown in the FNMS UI. I don't remember the exact name of the view off the top of my head, but it's something like SoftwareLicenseReservations in the FNMS Compliance database that stores the active reservations.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Actually that is exactly what we are seeing.  In App Portal the licenses available are more than what FNM shows as available.

I can't think of anything that would ever cause that to happen.  Are you sure your catalog item is using the same Flexera ID as the application you're looking at in FNMS?  Does the application in FNMS have more than one license tied to it and perhaps you're only looking at one of the licenses?  In App Portal, are you using the "Global" scope for the license check or "Enterprise Groups Only"?  If "Global", is it possible that the operator looking in FNMS has a limited scope and only sees a subset of licenses, while the App Portal service account has full visibility to all licenses?  I'm not really sure what might be going on here.  Perhaps enable verbose logging and see if anything interesting shows up in the FNMSIntegration.log?  Unless others have ideas, I'd suggest opening a support case for this one.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".