cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installable *.CAB for AppPortal?

Hello, 

we're using App Portal in our company for service requests. Unfortunately we have the following case when using App Portal on a completely new installed Windows Client.

The user is prompted to start the installation of a *.CAB file >> See attachment.

Can you please provide an installable version, which we can distribute via SCCM?

Thanks in advance

Best regards, 
Damla

(1) Solution

This CAB is for the App Portal ActiveX control for Internet Explorer and is available in MSI form on the Product and License Center.  Please note that there are also Web Extensions for modern browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge).

App Portal PLC.jpg

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I believe that that .CAB is used to install the ActiveX control in IE... If you go to the product and license center, where you download App Portal, then you will see file available for download which is named "App Portal ActiveX Control for Internet Explorer v7.0".. This is actually a .msi file which you could deploy through SCCM..

This CAB is for the App Portal ActiveX control for Internet Explorer and is available in MSI form on the Product and License Center.  Please note that there are also Web Extensions for modern browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge).

App Portal PLC.jpg

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".