cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In App Portal Checkout, Choose Target page does not always appear

We have a general catalog item that just has a question template for users to fill out.  We noticed that sometimes during checkout the "Choose Target" page does not appear; it goes directly to the question form.  However, sometimes it does.  We have tried 5 times on the same machine with the same user and have not seen the "Choose Target" page then the 6th time it shows up.

We don't want it to appear but we can't figure out what is triggering it to appear or not to appear.

Thanks!

(2) Replies

Was it the same user each time?  If you look in SCCM, does that user have more than one "primary device"?  Is it possible that the first 5 times, the user only had one primary device and when requesting the 6th time, they had a second primary device?  There is a setting under Site Management > Settings > Web Site > Catalog Behavior called "Allow users to request to SCCM primary devices".  Is that option checked?  Is it possible the option was not checked the first 5 times the application was requested and then it somehow got checked before the 6th attempt?  Are any of the request on behalf options selected for the catalog item?  Could any of those options have changed between requet #5 and request #6?

Those are the only things I can think to check.  If a user only has a single associated device or if users cannot request software for their other primary devices, and if there are no request on behalf options enabled, then a user should not see the "choose target" page.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

It was the same user each time.  In SCCM,  the user only has one "primary device".   However, in App Portal he has "On Behalf of" rights.   His test were one right after another so I don't think it was possible that the first 5 times, he only had one primary device and when requesting the 6th time, they had a second primary device.

This setting is checked: under Site Management > Settings > Web Site > Catalog Behavior called "Allow users to request to SCCM primary devices".  

I don't think it is possible the above option was not checked the first 5 times the application was requested and checked the 6th.  There are only a few of us that have permissions to do that and we were all on the call together.  

Yes, the request on behalf options are selected for the catalog item.

He tested again today and the Target screen popped up every time.  We are just trying to understand more about the Choose Target page.

The Choose Target page should launch under these circumstances?

1. If the user has more than one primary machine
  2. If the user has "on behalf" rights and that option is enabled on the catalog item

Is there a way to turn off the Choose Target page even if the above are true?