cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pull data for Question Conditions for Approval Workflows

I saw this post  regarding routing Approval groups within a workflow based on answers to questions. We have at least one solution like this today in our environment.

Is there guidance on how to dump the data for this logic? Currently we are auditing our system and I need to see how many approval workflows use this Conditional Question logic but I am unable to find the data table that contains this. I've managed to pull other data like approval workflows, groups, conditions that route to different groups based on User AD property data, etc, but I cannot find this question condition logic. I thought a table like WD_ApprovalTemplateCondition or WD_ApprovalGroupCondition or WD_ConditionalQuestion would contain such mapping but these tables are pulling BLANK when I run a select * query. Any guidance on this would be much appreciated! 

(1) Solution

For question conditions on workflows, the question condition is stored in WD_ApprovalProcessTemplate under the QuestionID_FK and Value columns. If you have placed a question condition on a "step" (i.e. workflow group) under the workflow, then this will be stored in WD_ApprovalProcessTemplateMembers under columns the columns named QuestionID_FK and Value.

Unlike some of the other condition types, there is no separate table to store conditions based on questions.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

For question conditions on workflows, the question condition is stored in WD_ApprovalProcessTemplate under the QuestionID_FK and Value columns. If you have placed a question condition on a "step" (i.e. workflow group) under the workflow, then this will be stored in WD_ApprovalProcessTemplateMembers under columns the columns named QuestionID_FK and Value.

Unlike some of the other condition types, there is no separate table to store conditions based on questions.

THANK YOU! This query got me what I needed: 

select * from WD_ApprovalProcessTemplateMembers where QuestionID_FK is not null

I completely missed the QuestionID_FK value.