cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidelines or recommendations to run the Retire campaign for max number of devices once

How many maximum number of devices should be part of the Retire campaign in App Portal for a single execution of the campaign? Are there any guidelines or recommendations that exist? Would more than 100 devices have any performance impact on App Portal?

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I can't really suggest any guidelines.. I've not heard any reports of the My Apps process causing performance issues regardless of the number of targeted devices. The My Apps process is synchronous, in that only one device is processed at a given time.. Once one device is processed, work begins on the next device. As such, the overhead on the App Broker server should be fairly low. It certainly would not hurt to limit the number of targeted devices for your campaign, through the use of a condition, at least until you are comfortable that no performance issues will occur. 

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I can't really suggest any guidelines.. I've not heard any reports of the My Apps process causing performance issues regardless of the number of targeted devices. The My Apps process is synchronous, in that only one device is processed at a given time.. Once one device is processed, work begins on the next device. As such, the overhead on the App Broker server should be fairly low. It certainly would not hurt to limit the number of targeted devices for your campaign, through the use of a condition, at least until you are comfortable that no performance issues will occur. 

Top Kudoed Authors