cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Service Gateway - How do you change FNMP server name?

We changed the server name of our FNMP on-premise server and need to change the name in Flexera Service Gateway to allow App Portal to communicate with FNMP.

How do you change the server name?  None of the documentation I've searched through for configuring the Gateway mentions how to do that.

Thank you.

(4) Replies

I have imported a new webapi.config file to reset the server name of the FNMP server in Flexera Service Gateway.  I thought there was another way to do it without importing webapi.config.

Updating the webapi.config file is how I always do it, but there is also an FSGEditor.exe tool that resides in the FSG installation folder.  When you run it, you will be prompted for username and password, which you can find on the FSG FAQ page here.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thank you Jim.   I don't know how I had missed the correct credentials.  I had seen other documentation that referenced a different default login password for the admin account.  

I was able to get the import to work and also was able to run FSGEditor to manually change the name.

No worries.  It's easy to miss, as it's kind of hidden (only in FAQ, not core docs).  I missed it myself and had to ask Support.  My guess is you were trying the admin/admin credentials that are leveraged in the FNMS registration tool (that's what I was doing that wasn't working).  Not sure why we couldn't have made them the same.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".