cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Inventory not in sync with App Portal

We have a catalog item in On-prem App Portal [App Portal 2019 R1 (14.0.1.0)]

It is linked to FNMS (V2019 R2).   The inventory in FNMS is higher than what App Portal shows.  How do I get this in sync?

See my attachment for screenshots. 

(3) Replies

More than likely, the difference is accounted for by reservations that have not yet been released or converted to consumptions.  Try this query on your FNMS Compliance database and see if it accounts for the difference.

SELECT    st.FullName AS [Software Title],
          COUNT(slr.SoftwareLicenseReservationID) AS [Reservations]
FROM      SoftwareLicenseReservation slr
JOIN      SoftwareTitle st ON slr.SoftwareTitleID = st.SoftwareTitleID
GROUP BY  st.FullName
ORDER BY  st.FullName

Note that this is normal/expected behavior. The FNMS UI does not reflect reservations in the counts. These reservations will either expire (after 30 days IIRC), be released (e.g. cancel/reject the request in App Portal), or converted to consumptions (after installation, inventory, and reconciliation). If this query does account for the difference, there is nothing you need to do to "fix" it. It is already working as designed.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thank you @jdempsey    It does account for the difference.  

Quick question about this statement: "These reservations will ..... be converted to consumptions (after installation, inventory, and reconciliation)."

Does this apply to licenses set up as "named user" where allocations are made?    Meaning...will it correct after we manually allocate the user to the license?

I'm not super familiar with all of the options in FNMS, but yes, it should.  Reconciliation will consider different entitlements as consumed based on the rules configured for them.  This could be affected by license properties, linked contracts, etc.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".