cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Checkout setup

I am looking into setting up express checkout in our App Portal. I’m have a couple of questions someone might be able to help me with.

Initially I would like to enable ‘Install Now’ for a select number of applications but it looks like it is all or nothing - as long as the Application Catalog Item does not have any conditions set that would prevent the Install Now button from displaying. Is there a way around this so I can only apply the ‘Install Now’ button to one or two Application Catalog items?

One of the conditions which is supposed to prevent the Install Now button from displaying is if the ‘Allow switch to?’ is ticked. I have enabled express check out in a test environment, the install now button IS appearing on Application Catalog items which do have the ‘Allow switch to?’ option ticked. This does not seem to fit with what the doco says. Why is this (and what does the ‘Allow to?’ switch mean).

Thanks in advance

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

"Enable Express checkout" is a global setting.. As such, there is no way to enable the Install Now button on just a few select catalog items. 

With regards to the "Allow Switch to?" setting preventing the Install Now button from displaying, if a catalog item has this setting selected, I have to believe that this is an error in the documentation... If you select "Allow Switch to?" on a catalog item, then the catalog item can be selected as an alternate for a different catalog item.  See Alternates Subtab in the help library. If you specify an alternate for a a given catalog item, then the Install Button will not be displayed for the catalog item with the alternate. I think that this is what the documentation intended to convey 🙂

Thanks

Charles

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

"Enable Express checkout" is a global setting.. As such, there is no way to enable the Install Now button on just a few select catalog items. 

With regards to the "Allow Switch to?" setting preventing the Install Now button from displaying, if a catalog item has this setting selected, I have to believe that this is an error in the documentation... If you select "Allow Switch to?" on a catalog item, then the catalog item can be selected as an alternate for a different catalog item.  See Alternates Subtab in the help library. If you specify an alternate for a a given catalog item, then the Install Button will not be displayed for the catalog item with the alternate. I think that this is what the documentation intended to convey 🙂

Thanks

Charles

Thanks for the clarification Charles, makes sense.