cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while fetching status on App Portal My Request page

Hi All,

I am trying to check the status of my software request on App Portal > My Request tab.

when i double click on Status icon we get the below "RadToolTipManager response error" (Snap_1.png). 

Snap_1.PNG

once we click Ok then we get error "An unexpected error has occurred." (Snap_2.png)

Snap_2.PNG

(1) Solution

Sorry, I'll have to defer to Support on this one.  Best guess is maybe something related to the ESDWebService installed on the SCCM server?  Can you confirm the ESDWebService version and App Portal web server version match?  Or perhaps a corrupted/missing DLL on the App Portal web server?  Not really sure.  Hopefully Support can help you figure it out.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Probably worth opening a support case for this one, but when that occurs, do you see any other details in the website.log file?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks @jdempsey  I have raised separate case. below error we found in website.log

<![LOG[Unhandled Exception https://appportal.theprincipal.net/esd/MyRequests.aspx Method not found: 'Int32 AppPortal.Core.Entities.DeployStatus.get_RecordId()'. at InstallStatusMessages.GetFullMessageHistory(Int32 packageID, String machineName, DeploymentTechnologies depTech, Int32 packageType)
at InstallStatusMessages.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)]LOG]!><time="01:04:44.000+240" date="9-18-2019" component="Application_Error" context="" type="1" thread="4" file="Website">

Sorry, I'll have to defer to Support on this one.  Best guess is maybe something related to the ESDWebService installed on the SCCM server?  Can you confirm the ESDWebService version and App Portal web server version match?  Or perhaps a corrupted/missing DLL on the App Portal web server?  Not really sure.  Hopefully Support can help you figure it out.

Thanks @jdempsey 

I will check the parameters that you have mentioned.

I have already raised a support case & will follow up on it.

I've taken ownership of the case you opened.. I believe that this issue has to be occurring to a DLL mismatch. In particular, either one hotfix is conflicting with another hotfix, or a hotfix may not have been applied completely.