cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications not generating on successful installation

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

We have catalog item templates and catalog items where we have email notifications enabled when the install is successful. We have the two options for sending emails on success and failed installations checked for requestor and targets. I may be missing something. Is there somewhere else that we need to enable this for these emails to generate? We are seeing the emails generated when notes are added to a request and when a request is approved/rejected.

(1) Solution

Yes, the checkboxes on the catalog item properties from your screenshot control whether or not an email is to be sent for each action.  The other checkboxes in the sitewide email settings control to whom those emails will be sent if enabled.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Im looking at a catalog item and im noticing these checkboxes in the screenshot. I am guessing that even if the checkboxes are enabled for sending install success or failure emails on the email tab these checkboxes still need to be checked?

Yes, the checkboxes on the catalog item properties from your screenshot control whether or not an email is to be sent for each action.  The other checkboxes in the sitewide email settings control to whom those emails will be sent if enabled.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks @jdempsey I get confused sometimes between the global settings and individual catalog settings. That makes sense to me. Thanks for the response.