Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Email Notification Not Going Out

Jump to solution

To get the link to show up properly, you'd have to add an email address to the service account.  The proper way to do that would be to have it added to the service account properties in AD.  For a quick test, you could manually set it in the WD_User table in the App Portal database.  But that will (or could) get wiped out when you run a data sync.  If none of the emails are working, then the email settings are the place to look.  Make sure the relay server is entered correctly and you have selected the correct port and encryption settings.  If your relay requires authentication, enter the appropriate user ID and password for the relay.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks Jim. I was able to add my email address to the WD_Users table for the service account and tested the email again, and it worked. So it looks like it's only Reclamation notifications that emails aren't going out for. I will be opening a ticket to work on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

The settings under the license reclamation tab for the catalog item have no bearing on My Apps.. The reclamation campaign settings for each policy under Compliance Management->My Apps determine if a notification will be sent out... The "App Portal - Send out My Apps Email Notifications" scheduled task is responsible for sending out the actual notifications.. It sounds as if you are invoking this, but the notifications are still not being sent.. As such, I can only assume that the devices in question (the targets for the alert) do not have a user associated with them. Query vUsercomputerMap to see if the target devices have users associated with them, and obliviously, that the users have email addresses. Take a look at the log file named MyAppsNotificationEMails.log (under the logs/MyApps folder). Typically, this would be the log to look at if notifications are not being sent.

One other thing..  You also need to enable notifications by selecting "Enable My Apps Email Notifications" under Settings->Flexera Integration, as seen below:

NotificationsSetting.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution
Sorry, did not read far enough back in this post.. Still valid info, but it looks like you guys may have discussed some of this already.
0 Kudos